Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Little robots playing "hide and seek"



And the making of:

Screen Break - WIP demo from David Gidali on Vimeo.



It's been a while and there weren't too many things to put in here anyway... During the semester break I got a little bored and decided to exercise a CG skill I haven't layed my hands on personaly while CG supervising at snowball vfx. I figured I'll be needing it some time in the future (Maybe even in the curent semester, though it seems like I won't).

I'm talking about 3D camera tracking, of course...

So at first I intended to track this video shot of my computer desk (shot with a canon powershot sd 630... yep, a still camera) and just put a CG ball in there or something hovering in mid air, and move on to the next shot.
Somehow this thing happend... Don't ask me why.
Of course it's not 100% finished, I still have two seconds I need to animate, a few things I'd fix and a few things I'd add if I had the time, and sound of course...

I guess in some point in the future I'll write a paper about how this shot was done exactly. I have some WIP previews I can show.

Hope ye like!

No comments: