Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Film Projects

OK,
so in order to keep the number of posts down, here is a post dedicated to a couple of projects that have been finished lately and were already seen (And even featured!) at youtube, starting with the oldest...

Happy new year! is a short animation greeting card that started out as an idea which was pitched in front of the whole crew at Snowball|VFX, and was chosen to be produced in 3D animation. Some time later the idea was dropped because of time constraints. I decided to go on and animate the storyboard which I already put together, to see if that simple idea can work as a greeting card. It was done over one weekend, and apparently it did work. Oddly, it's one of my most appreciated creations ever...






Avocado started out as an idea when I stayed over the weekend in my flat in Jerusalem, where I currently study film-making. I was looking for a simple concept which would be shot and edited quickly as the first project for editing class, and I wanted a fun and crazy concept.
This thing popped into my mind, and the reason I chose an avocado can be found in the following link:
Ofer Zelichover's Forget about love






AVOKADO has the same name as the previous short but is a totally different story... well, not really. It's the same script more-or-less but it has been re-shot in a different style, different location, different cast and different purpose. This is my first semester's final project in narrative film-making class. The objective was to make a 3 minutes short with no dialogs which will have a character peeping at something and reacting to it.
It came to my mind that the idea with the avocado could work with these new objectives as well... Retrospectively I was wrong, because 3 minutes were too much for such a stupid concept (Stupid in a good way...).
Non the less, I put every effort in this project and made it the best I could, to see what level of production I can achieve. I know there are places that could be better, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

No comments: